Top Weld Cell Cleaning Methods
- Metal-to-Metal Hammering to Remove Debris
- Chip Away Dirt With Chisels and Wire Brushes
- Blast Away Debris With Dry Ice Blasting
There are many different methods your facility can utilize when cleaning your weld cells. While these methods differ slightly, each is an effective cleaning process for getting your weld cells looking brand new. Learn which weld cell cleaning process is best for your facility with Michigan Quality Industrial Services.
Method 1: Metal-to-Metal Hammering
One of the more traditional methods of weld cell cleaning uses a specific hammer to remove built up slag and debris off of your machines. These hammers, called chipping hammers, strike your weld cells, causing vibrations which shake off debris. While this method is effective, it can cause major problems for your facility, including:
- Repetitive hammering can distort machinery
- Expensive machine parts can be severely damaged if accidentally struck
- This method is labor intensive which would lead to major slowdowns in production
Method 2: Chisels and Wire Brushes
Chisels and wire brushes can be used to scrub or chip built up debris within weld cells. This method requires extensive physical labor as someone must physically scrub or chip away at the machine. Because this method requires so much labor, it can take up to 8 hours to clean one weld cell.
Method 3: Cleaning Weld Cells With Dry Ice
The safest and most efficient cleaning method for weld cells is dry ice blasting. This non-abrasive method removes slag without eroding or damaging even the most sensitive machines. Using dry ice to clean your weld cells has even more benefits including, but not limited to:
- Faster – Dry ice blasting can cut cleaning times down to 1-2 hours
- Less mess – Dry ice evaporates on contact, leaving no secondary debris
- Increased production time – Dry ice blasting allows weld cells to remain intact during cleanings
- Environmentally Safe – No hazardous chemicals are used during the dry ice blasting weld cell cleaning process
SEE ALSO: Michigan Weld Cell Cleaners
Get Started Cleaning Your Weld Cells With MQIS, Today
Get started cleaning your facilities weld cells with dry ice blasting from MQIS. Our efficient staff is available 24/7 for all your industrial cleaning needs. Request a free onsite quote or contact us at 888-982-8677 for more information.